Fuller Theological Seminary invites candidates for a full-time, tenure-track faculty position as the Lloyd John Ogilvie Chair of Preaching, beginning July 1, 2019.
Fuller is a multi-denominational seminary and seeks candidates who share its mission and commitment to training men and women for the various leadership roles in the church and the academy.
- An academic doctorate, M.Div., or equivalent, and ordination or equivalent.
- Proven record of effective teaching. The successful candidate will offer core and elective courses in the MA and MDiv programs, as well as leading ThM and PhD seminars and mentoring students in the School of Theology’s Center for Advanced Theological Studies, as well as teaching in Fuller’s D.Min. program.
- Publication record, with ongoing research plans.
- Commitment to preaching and teaching that speaks to established and emerging cultures in the twenty-first-century church.
- Ability to teach in other areas (spiritual formation, evangelism, pastoral ministry, education, etc.) desirable.
- Have the personal, academic, and/or professional development to effectively serve the culturally, ethnically, racially, and theologically diverse student body of the seminary. Ability to teach in Spanish or Korean is an asset.
1. Faith and lifestyle congruent with the mission of Fuller Theological Seminary as expressed in its statements of faith and community standards. Fuller Seminary requires each faculty member to sign its Statement of Faith. Commitment to the evangelical and ecumenical heritage of Fuller Theological Seminary. See the Fuller Theological Seminary website.
2. Commitment to theological education in the service of the local and global church, to shaping leaders for the church’s mission and ministry, to the spiritual formation of students, and to supporting women and men in pastoral and other leadership positions.
3. Active involvement in a local congregation.
4. Disposition to work collegially in a diverse — multi-ethnic, multi-denominational, multi-regional — seminary community.
5. Applicants who will add to the ethnic, racial, and gender diversity of the faculty are encouraged to apply.
Rank and Other Considerations
1. Tenure-track; initial three-year appointment.
2. Rank dependent on qualifications and experience; anticipated appointment at the rank of either Associate or (Full) Professor.
3. Twelve-month contract, including paid four-week summer leave.
4. Teach fulltime: six courses per year on the quarter system, including at least two online courses/year.
5. Sabbatical quarter every seventh quarter.
6. Date position available: 1 July 2019.
Applicants for faculty positions in the School of Theology are asked to submit the following materials (using the email address noted below):
1. A letter of interest.
2. A curriculum vitae, indicating education, teaching experience, publications, and other professional qualifications.
3. A list of three references with institutional affiliation and contact information, representing academic qualifications. Note: references will be contacted once the Search Committee identifies a short list of candidates.
Persons with questions about this position or the application procedure may contact us at: <[email protected]>. Application materials should be submitted electronically to the same email address.
Applications reviewed beginning October 1, 2018.
Marianne Meye Thompson, Dean
School of Theology
Fuller Theological Seminary
135 N. Oakland Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91182 USA
Email: <[email protected]>