- Teach courses in the Department’s MA, Practical Theology and Doctor of Ministry programs. Teaching a range of undergraduate courses is also required. A standard teaching load is nine credits for each Fall and Spring semester.
- Additional responsibilities include academic advising and mentoring to undergraduate and graduate students, supervision of thesis projects, departmental and college service, university service, community service, and sustained scholarship.
- Ph. D. in Practical Theology required.
- Ability to teach the graduate methods seminars for the Master of Arts in Practical Theology and Ministry and Doctor of Ministry programs and undergraduate courses in theology, to advise and mentor students, to direct Doctor of Ministry thesis projects, and to serve on departmental, college, and university committees.
- Demonstrate expertise in independent research and scholarly projects in practical theology, commitment to the education and formation of lay ecclesial ministers in the Christian traditions
- Ability to work effectively in a highly diverse, collegial, and collaborative environment. Experience with developing and teaching distance courses is welcomed.
Applicants are required to send their curriculum vitae, statement of intent, samples of publications and syllabi, and three letters of recommendation from senior scholars to Jorge Presmanes, OP, DMin, Chair of the Search Committee in Practical Theology ([email protected]).
Applications received by November 1, 2019 will receive full consideration. Initial interviews will be conducted at the American Academy of Religion Convention November 23-26, 2019. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.